Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Micro Billing Systems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fadgetool

fadgetool

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

Hi,
A mate of mine has been kind enough to download this onto my comp and it keeps asking me to pay a bill! I tried to use the prep guide to see if it could help me remove it but that only made my comp go mad and it took me an hour to get it to go to a system restore point so i could get back online. I got as far as using ad-aware did one scan resarted then the problems began. Also now my McAfee says it is missing components.
If anyone could help asap as i would like to fix it before my wife gets back in couple of days!!!!!
Thanks
Fadge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

Is it a full (paid) version of McAfee?

#3 fadgetool

fadgetool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

It came with my sky broadband.
Downloaded regfix from McAfee website and restarted my comp and that seems t have fixed that problem.

Edited by fadgetool, 29 January 2007 - 09:16 PM.

#4 fadgetool

fadgetool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

McAfee looks like its working fine now but the Micro Billing System thing is still there. I am unsure what to delete in ad-aware so has not to mess up my comp again.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

Can you uninstall it through Add/remove programs?

Can you delete the file in safe mode?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 fadgetool

fadgetool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

Ok tried the prep guide again this time it has left my mcafee knackered! Currently running a sacn with avg to see if anything got on my comp while mcafee was out of action.
How do i remove it in safe mode? I used the search on my comp it is in system32 can i remove it from there in safe mode?

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

That should work.

What prep. guide?

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 fadgetool

fadgetool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

The preparation guide berfore posting. My mcafee is completely screwed. how do i use safe mode to remove the mbs thing

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:10 PM

Okay, since you are going through the HiJack this prep steps, I'd not try to manually delete that file at this point. It just occured to me that the beasty might have other stuff related to it that might need to be removed first.

So: do what you can with the prep. log and take notes of what worked and didn't work and what happened. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide you are following.

Create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log. This is where your notes come in. You may wish to include a link to this topic letting them know it's in the "Am I Infected" forum.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom

#10 fadgetool

fadgetool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Ok i will try the guide again but with the ad-aware bit as it seems to causing me no end of trouble.
Thanks for your help>

#11 fadgetool

fadgetool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

Right i have just re-installed my mcafee one bit at a time to get it to work so i could go online i had to uninstall each first. I am scanning with house call to see what this says. Altough i am in work in 6 and a half hours i will perists and see how i go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users