Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor No Signal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

Hello, my lcd monitor is not receiving a signal from the desktop. I was playing X3 reunion when the screen went black, and a little sign saying "no signal" appeared.

Having no screen I had to do a hard reset (held power button for five seconds). My computer seems to be booting properly (one flash of the caps lock light, no beep), all fans working for CPU, power, 6800 grafix card, and case fan, and the hard drive is chirping away as usual loading windows xp.

But the monitor stays in standby (yellow light), if I press the power button it goes green, then after a few seconds the "No signal" message followed by going into standby again.

I havent changed anything recently, and no overclocking. After the tests described above, I have opened the desktop up and changed molex connector to the grafix card using the one in-line on the hard drive supply (my only spare connector). And I dont have any other computer or parts to change with and test individual components, so I am looking for a narrowed down diagnostic to more than likely areas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

Go to your best friend ( with a PC) and hook on this monitor, this will rule out any other issues

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Did you jiggle the cable and see if that was the problem? (BTW Jiggle it at both ends, on the LCD and on the CPU)

Gavin Seabrook

#4 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:40 AM

Dont know anyone with a computer to try their monitor, but mine seems to be working fine apart from no signal.

DVI cable is firmly seated and screwed in at both sockets.

Could anyone give me a list of components it is not likely to be given the information above and in original post.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:15 AM

Not try their computer but try your monitor. PLease try following :(Assuming you have XP) Reboot and start tapping the F8 button. Do you see anything?

#6 jdukze

jdukze

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:59 AM

I BELIEVE YOUR VGA CARD COULD BE SPOILT FROM THE GAMES GRAPHICS. I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM AFTER PLAYING SPIDERMAN, THE SCREEN WENT BLURRED.
I INSTALLED A NEW GRAPHIC CARD AND IT WORKED. THIS SHOULD HELP TRY IT AND SEE IF IT WORKS.

JDUKZE

The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does
anything.

Theodore Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users