Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivecleaner Install Popup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rig_Rat32

Rig_Rat32

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

Everything I've read deals with how to get this off your pc IF you messed up and answered YES, INSTALL. I have not ever answered YES to install it. details...

DriveCleaner Popup.....Top blue bar has: Windows Internet Explorer
Notice: Your computer has tracks of all adult site you have visited. In most cases, you are not even aware of the files that get installed by themselves, violate your online privavy and could compromised your career and your marriage.
These files leave tracks of your online behavior and even compromise your credit card's security. It is possible to clean up all the temporary and history records of your computer to remove these tracks.

Would you like to install DriverCleaner to check your computer for free? (Recommended)

OK and Cancel button to click and an X in a red box at top right of box. Box size on screen is about 3" tall by 10" wide.

I have never clicked ok... always Cancel or X in red box (upper right corner). This notice pops up on my screen randomly... can't put an exact time period on it... just pops up once every hour or so. This started 4 days ago... tried everything I know (which ain't much) so am turning it over to the higher powers. I've noted the only 2 new programs installed recently (marked as suspect in uninstall programs list further down this article). From reading about it online, it appears to take you to the drivercleaner.com website to dl and install this software.

After I click Cancel, another box popsup showing a partial www.drivercleaner.xxx address and saying if download doesn't start automatically, click here..... then within seconds a notice from Norton AntiVirus pops up saying:
"Security Risk Alert, A suspect securty risk has been blocked".
Risk name: DriverCleaner
Risk Category: Security Risk
Action Taken: The file was automatically blocked
and "Scan Now (recommended" in a box below that and OK button.

I click ok, Norton does it's thing, then says the risk has been eliminated. It states something about the file is located in "Documents & Settings\My Name\Temporary Internet Files\IE Content\xxxx.xxx" but doesn't stay on my screen long enough for me to write it down so the path\file written above is just from memory and my not be exact. If I click on the security risk name (what's left on the screen after cleaning) it takes me to Symantec's website here:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-062217-0726-99

This article only states info that Norton AV will clean the infection but I have not installed this software so I should not be infected. Well I am, but not as they describe. So their article has nothing about how to get rid of this pop-up notice, only that Norton will clean the infection if drivercleaner software is installed. I'm needing pre-prevention help on how to get the notice to install the drivercleaner software from appearing on my screen randomly.

I reboot and go about my business online and within seconds, this same crap starts all over again. Norton is not eliminating it and I have Norton 2006 AV with latest updates installed.

When I go into Norton Quarantine and Restore it shows the following:
Name: DriveCleaner
Date: 1/29/2007 2:43:08 PM
Type: Security risk
Risk Impact: Medium
Dependencies: No known dependencies
Submitted to Symantec: Not submitted

My system info:
Windows XP with SP2 installed (all available MS updates)
MS internet Explorer 7
Norton AntiVirus 2006 (updated)
Ad Aware Pro 6.0 (updated)
SpyBot 1.4 (updated)

Norton won't get rid of it, Adaware won't, Spybot won't either. They all say they've done their thing but this popup just keeps showing up.

Windows Uninstall programs list:
Ad-Aware SE Professional
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
Adobe Illustrator CS
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0
AnyDVD
Deer Avenger 4
DVD Decoder Pak for Windows XP
Hex Workshop v4.23
HighMAT Extension to Microsoft Windows XP CD Writing Wizard
InterActual Player
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 3
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.1_02
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_04
Java Web Start
LiveUpdate 3.0 (Symantec Corporation)
Macromedia Flash Player 8
McFunSoft DVD Creator Trail Version (English) 7.9.0.5 (suspect as I just recently installed)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer
MSN Music Assistant
Nero 7 Premium
Netscape Browswer 8.1 (remove only)
Norton AntiVirus 2006 (Symantec Corp)
NVIDIA Drivers (used disk that came with it to install)
Photo Resizer Pro v3.3
PVR Plus (V-Stream TV Tuner Card)
Registry Mechanic 6.0
Roxio DVDMAX Player
Shockwave
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
TV878 Teletext (part of V-Stream tv tuner)
Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2
Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0
UltimateDefrag (also recently installed, suspect)
V-Stream TV878 Utilities (part of TV tuner)
WG121 Smart Wizard (Netgear USB wireless adapter)
WinAmp (remove only)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP I/O Author Extras
WinRAR archiver
Winzip
Wise-FTP
Yahoo! extras
Yahoo Internet Mail
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Messenger Explorer Bar
Yahoo! Toolbar

HijackThis Logfile:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:59:27 AM, on 1/29/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\msnmessenger.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG121 Configuration Utility\wlancfg8.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\James\My Documents\Downloads\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://forums.driverguide.com"); (C:\Documents and Settings\James\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6g0kqkbo.slt\prefs.js)
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", ""); (C:\Documents and Settings\James\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6g0kqkbo.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymProbe.exe -r "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\CfgWiz.exe" /GUID {0D7956A2-5A08-4ec2-A72C-DF8495A66016} /MODE CfgWiz /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SW24] C:\WINDOWS\system32\sw24.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SW20] C:\WINDOWS\system32\sw20.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PVR Agent] C:\Program Files\V-Stream Multimedia\PVR Plus\TVR\Scheduled.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxamsp32.exe] lxamsp32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnmessenger] C:\WINDOWS\msnmessenger.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Smart Wizard Wireless Settings.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: TV878 Remote Control.lnk = C:\Program Files\V-Stream Multimedia\TV878 Utilities\C7XRCtl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O21 - SSODL: buprestidae - {b59f3ba4-98da-4b5f-8a2d-7b56fb11140b} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

currently I have system restore turned off, emtied prefetch folder contents, deleted (in safe mode) every temp file on the hd, ran and re-ran norton, adaware, spybot,.......nada works

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

Hello Rig_Rat32,

I am SifuMike and I will be helping you. :thumbsup:

You have a suspicious file we need to check.

You will need to configure Windows to show Hidden files.

Go to Jotti Online File Scanner copy and paste C:\WINDOWS\msnmessenger.exe to the upload and scan it.

Let me know the results.
Copy and paste the output to this thread

It should look something like this sample:

File: GoogleToolbarInstaller.exe
Status: MIGHT BE INFECTED/MALWARE (Sandbox emulation took a long time and/or runtime packers were found, this is suspicious. Normally programs aren't packed and don't force the sandbox into lengthy emulation. Do realize no scanner issued any warning, the file can very well be harmless. Caution is advised, however.)
Packers detected: CEXE

AntiVir No viruses found (0.15 seconds taken)
Avast No viruses found (1.51 seconds taken)
BitDefender No viruses found (0.97 seconds taken)
ClamAV No viruses found (0.39 seconds taken)
Dr.Web No viruses found (0.52 seconds taken)
F-Prot Antivirus No viruses found (0.06 seconds taken)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus No viruses found (0.74 seconds taken)
mks_vir No viruses found (0.21 seconds taken)
NOD32 No viruses found (0.42 seconds taken)
Norman Virus Control No viruses found (0.40 seconds taken)

If Jotti's Malware scan is busy, you can use this one:
Virus Total http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6-windows-i586.exe and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 3
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
    Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.1_02
    Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_04

• Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and choose Install to extract it to its own folder on the Desktop. Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry Entries found then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • Finally copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt back onto the forum with a new HijackThis log and Jotti scan results

Edited by SifuMike, 31 January 2007 - 06:49 PM.

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 Rig_Rat32

Rig_Rat32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:59 AM

Sorry for the delay and thanks for responding. I checked the file msnmessenger and here's the report on it:

File: msnmessenger.exe
Status: POSSIBLY INFECTED/MALWARE (Note: this file was only classified as malware by scanners known to generate more false positives than the average scanner. Do not consider these results definately accurate. Also, because of this, results of this scan will not be recorded in the database.)
MD5 7f4fcdb0d28dda7f1fabafc19f07478b
Packers detected: UPX

Scanner results
Scan taken on 02 Feb 2007 06:31:50 (GMT)
AntiVir Found TR/Crypt.FKM.Gen
ArcaVir Found nothing
Avast Found nothing
AVG Antivirus Found nothing
BitDefender Found nothing
ClamAV Found nothing
Dr.Web Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus Found nothing
F-Secure Anti-Virus Found nothing
Fortinet Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Found nothing
NOD32 Found nothing
Norman Virus Control Found nothing
VirusBuster Found nothing
VBA32 Found nothing

Ok, I've stopped at this point (will update Java first thing tommorow) but I need some advice as I'm uncertain how to proceed with instructions beyond Java.

Here's my problem. In regular bootup I have 2 users, USER1 and Guests. In Safe Mode, USER1 (me) is missing from the users list. In Safe Mode only Guests, USER2, and Administrator is listed there. If I sign-in as Administrator, I cannot see or access the files in USER1 folder. Will this have any effect on running SDFIX.EXE so as to clean out the files you listed? Sorry to be so dumb but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

And can you advise on what I need to do with msnmessenger.exe?

#4 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

If I sign-in as Administrator, I cannot see or access the files in USER1 folder. Will this have any effect on running SDFIX.EXE so as to clean out the files you listed?

No, it should not have an effect on running SDFIX. Just follow my instructions. :thumbsup:

We will see if SDFIX removes the msnmessenger.exe. If not, we will kill it another way.

Edited by SifuMike, 02 February 2007 - 11:00 AM.

please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 Rig_Rat32

Rig_Rat32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

Ok, I uninstalled the Java apps you listed. From that time on, I had a lot of trouble with my pc taking forever (3-4 minutes) to boot up. I installed the Java 6 but still pc was very slow to boot. It's taking about 2-3 times longer for the pc to boot into the desktop.

I ran SDFIX and here's the report on it:

SDFix: Version 1.63
Mon 02/05/2007 - 19:45:26.30
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix
Safe Mode:
Checking Services:
Name:
Path:
Restoring Windows Registry Entries
Restoring Default Hosts File
Rebooting...
Normal Mode:
Checking Files:
No Trojan Files Found..
ADS Check:
C:\WINDOWS\system32
No streams found.

Final Check:

Remaining Services:
------------------
Authorized Application Key Export:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YPager.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YPager.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! FT Server"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files:
---------------

Backups Folder: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip
Checking For Files with Hidden Attributes :
C:\Documents and Settings\James\NetHood\avatartlaloc.servebeer.com\Desktop.ini
C:\Documents and Settings\James\My Documents\Downloads\NFS_CC\Spolszczenie.NFS.Carbon\wrar361pl.exe
C:\hiberfil.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.tmp
C:\Program Files\InterActual\InterActual Player\iti2.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\S-1-5-18\5a0d771158cfd69be5ddd26d8f58c73b\BIT3.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\S-1-5-18\f0c43c883b45dd5bc3e231479dfed214\BIT15.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.tmp.LOG
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.tmp.LOG
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.tmp.LOG

Finished
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I then rebooted and found and deleted C:\Windows\MsnMessenger.exe
I also had to remove reference to that file in the RUN section of the registry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my uninstall_list.txt report (from HiJackThis):

Ad-Aware SE Professional
Adobe Illustrator CS
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0
AnyDVD
ccCommon
CleanUp!
Deer Avenger 4
Hex Workshop v4.23
Hide IP Platinum 3.3
Hijackthis 1.99.1
InterActual Player
Internet Worm Protection
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6
McFunSoft DVD Creator Trial Version (English) 7.9.0.5
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
MSN Music Assistant
NAVShortcut
Nero 7 Premium
Netscape Browser (remove only)
Norton AntiVirus 2006
Norton AntiVirus 2006 (Symantec Corporation)
Norton AntiVirus Help
Norton AntiVirus Parent MSI
Norton AntiVirus SYMLT MSI
Norton Protection Center
Norton WMI Update
NVIDIA Drivers
Photo Resizer Pro v3.3
PVR Plus
Registry Mechanic 6.0
RogueRemover 1.11
Roxio DVDMAX Player
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899589)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925454)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Shockwave
SPBBC
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
Symantec
TV878 Teletext
Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2
UltimateDefrag
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
V-Stream TV878 Utilities
V-Stream TV878 WDM Drivers
WG121 Smart Wizard
Winamp (remove only)
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Hotfix - KB834707
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887797
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890923
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915865)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
WinRAR archiver
WinZip
Wise-FTP
Yahoo! extras
Yahoo! Internet Mail
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Toolbar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and the is the latest HiJackThis log file:

Scan saved at 8:54:32 PM, on 2/5/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://forums.driverguide.com"); (C:\Documents and Settings\James\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6g0kqkbo.slt\prefs.js)
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", ""); (C:\Documents and Settings\James\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6g0kqkbo.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymProbe.exe -r "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\CfgWiz.exe" /GUID {0D7956A2-5A08-4ec2-A72C-DF8495A66016} /MODE CfgWiz /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PVR Agent] C:\Program Files\V-Stream Multimedia\PVR Plus\TVR\Scheduled.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: TV878 Remote Control.lnk = C:\Program Files\V-Stream Multimedia\TV878 Utilities\C7XRCtl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pc is running some better but still taking 2-3 times longer to boot up than in past months.
Normal boot time is approx. 1~1.5 minutes. Since uninstalling Java, boot time average is about 3~3.5 minutes.

Adaware SE Professional finds no problem
SpyBot S&D v1.4 finds no problem
SUPERAntiSpyWare (free version) finds no problem
Norton AntiVirus 2006 scan finds no problem
RogueRemover finds no problem
Note: All programs are updated online

Edited by Rig_Rat32, 05 February 2007 - 10:35 PM.

#6 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

Ok, I uninstalled the Java apps you listed. From that time on, I had a lot of trouble with my pc taking forever (3-4 minutes) to boot up. I installed the Java 6 but still pc was very slow to boot. It's taking about 2-3 times longer for the pc to boot into the desktop.

I have never heard of Java 6 making bootup time longer, and have seen many hundred of these Java 6 installs and had no problems. The latest Java 6 is not prone to get malware as the earlier versions. It is up to you, if you want you can go back to the earlier version go here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/previous.jsp
I really doubt that is your bootup problem.

Download CCleaner and install it. (default location is best). Do not run it yet!

CCleaner Tutorial

In Normal Mode, select the following with HijackThis.
With all windows (including this one!) closed (close browser/explorer windows), please select "fix.

The following are not necessarily spyware/malware, but I suggest you place a check mark next to the following entries, as these programs may be taking up system resources.

(Description: Nvidia system tray applet. Not necessary. Removing this entry will free up a small amount of system resources.)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] \"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe\"
(Description: Sun Java update scheduler. Checks for updates. Not necessary. Removing this entry will free up a small amount of system resources.)

(Description: Adjusts monitor colours across all programs, including Photoshop. It is needed by some graphics professionals who want their monitor calibrated. Most home users will not need it, and thus should remove this entry. )

*NOTE* CCleaner deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups.

Let's empty the temp files:

Run CCleaner.

1. Starting with v1.27.260, CCleaner installs the Yahoo Toolbar as an option which IS checkmarked by default during the installation.
IF you do NOT want it, REMOVE the checkmark when provided with the option OR download the toolbarfree Basic version instead of the Standard Build.

2. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours"

3. Then select the items you wish to clean up.

In the Windows Tab:
Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Cookies.
Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
Clean all entries in the "System" section.
Clean all entries in the "Advanced" section.
Clean any others that you choose.

In the Applications Tab:
Clean all except cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.
Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
Clean any others that you choose.

4. Click the "Run Cleaner" button.
5. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
6. Click "OK" and it will scan and clean your system.
7. Click "exit" when done.

If it asks you to reboot at the end, click NO.

CCleaner should be run with the above settings for each User Account!

Finally, reboot to the Normal Mode , post a new Hijackthis log, and tell me how your computer is running.

Posted Image

#7 Rig_Rat32

Rig_Rat32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:44 AM

I wasn't sure if I needed to start pc in safe mode before running ccleaner but did it that way to be safe.

Pc is running good, boot time is now normal. It does take HiJackThis a long time to complete but I think I figured out why. It stalls for a long time on 015 Checking Trusted Sites. A short time ago I installed IESpyAd. It writes a ton of website addresses to the registry so I suspect that's why HiJackThis takes like 3.5 minutes to produce a log file. Before I added IESpyAd, HiJackThis would finish in seconds.

This is a list of uninstall programs: (hjackthis logfile will follow)

Ad-Aware SE Professional
Adobe Illustrator CS
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0
AnyDVD
ccCommon
CCleaner (remove only)
CleanUp!
Deer Avenger 4
Hex Workshop v4.23
Hide IP Platinum 3.3
HijackThis 1.99.1
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
InterActual Player
Internet Worm Protection
Java Web Start
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6
McFunSoft DVD Creator Trial Version (English) 7.9.0.5
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
MSN Music Assistant
NAVShortcut
Nero 7 Premium
Netscape Browser (remove only)
Norton AntiVirus 2006 (Symantec Corporation)
Norton AntiVirus 2006
Norton AntiVirus Help
Norton AntiVirus Parent MSI
Norton AntiVirus SYMLT MSI
Norton Protection Center
Norton WMI Update
NVIDIA Drivers
Photo Resizer Pro v3.3
PVR Plus
Registry Mechanic 6.0
RogueRemover 1.11
Roxio DVDMAX Player
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899589)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Shockwave
SPBBC
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
Symantec
SymNet
TV878 Teletext
Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2
UltimateDefrag
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
V-Stream TV878 Utilities
V-Stream TV878 WDM Drivers
WebFldrs XP
WG121 Smart Wizard
Winamp (remove only)
Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474)
Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887797
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
WinRAR archiver
WinZip
Wise-FTP
Yahoo! extras
Yahoo! Internet Mail
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Toolbar
Scan saved at 5:29:46 AM, on 2/7/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

Looks like you got me cured up. my thanks goes to you SifuMike. let me know if things still need some attention.

Edited by Rig_Rat32, 07 February 2007 - 06:45 AM.

#8 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:43 AM

Hi Rig_Rat32,

Your log looks clean! :thumbsup: Good job on the cleanup! :flowers:

Let's clean your System Restore points and set a new one:

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows.
The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files.
This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)

1. Turn off System Restore.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK

2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

System Restore will now be active again.

Please read and follow How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!

Posted Image

#9 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

Since your problem appears to be resolved, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request. If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users