Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Audio Driver Drives Me Crazy!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 edward1

edward1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

Dear Helping People![/color][/i][color=#FF6666]
I am suffering from sound problems. 3 months trouble! 3 months experimentation. No good result.
After starting my computer I receive the message: No audio device! I check Control panel Sound and Audio Devices, I see: The device is working properly. (No tone, no sound, no voice. no phone tone.) After this I installed audio driver (Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM or SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio). Reboot and the crazy cycle starts again: No audio device! I am suspected Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 driver. I installed again, (No update for this.). all is in vain! After I changed Sound Card. I started Alsus motherboard’s Sound Card: SoundMAX. After new start or reboot the outcome was the same. No audio device!
I used the following softwares (spyware removers, and others):
Ad-aware, Bug Doctor, Driver Detective, Error Killer, RegCure, Registry Booster, Registry Mechenic, Registry Fix, Registry Smart, Spybot - Search & Destroy, SystemCleaner, XoftSpy, Windows Registry Repair Pro, XoftSpy, Windows Defender, Bit Defender etc. No ones could help!
Maybe somebody has an idee to help me. Please! Help!
We are using our PC to phone people but my wife can not install audio driver. It stands 18 steps!!!! (She is not a computer fan but she likes to talk away a lots by phone!). That is why she wants to smash all over the place our PC by an axe. Please help do not let her to do it!!!!!!
Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help!
With Regards
Peter[b] (edward1) (I am plunging in the swamp! Please he….he-he-he…lplplplp!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:58 AM

What you should do is uninstall all audio drivers you've installed, then goto Device Manager, find the sound device there, then delete it from there. After that, reboot.

Don't install any drivers when you reboot if you have no sound on the Windows logon.

If you do have Windows logon sound, then install your drivers for the sound card, and if that doesn't work, you may need to take out the sound card, then reseat it again. It may not be properly seated in the slot.

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:15 PM

If you have the Audigy, then I think you should disable the Soundmax/AC97 in the bios. You probably have an IRQ conflict.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users