Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Keeps Glitching

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 onetime

onetime

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

So, I think I got some sort of malware a ways back, like a month, but due to extreme circumstances, (don't ask) I wasn't able to do anything about it until about 2 weeks ago. Now, I got Norton Internet Security 2007 and Kapersky Antivirus, and the first time I ran them through, neither could find anything. This is just about when my computer screen started to glitch, to the point where text is unreadable. By glitching I mean little colored blocks appear all over the screen and distort things. I did a system format, and now the slowdown is incredible and it glitches on a regular basis. I haven't been able to reinstall Norton, either. A few days ago, Kapersky picked something up called VirTool.DOS.TPE and I got rid of it, but the problem is still here. What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to BC onetime :thumbsup:

I suggest you follow the directions in this guide. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide.

Create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users