Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant View Sites That Need Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rob h

Rob h

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:35 PM

Just recently I have discovered that I can no longer view the content on youtube, all I get is a message saying that I need the latest version of flash player or java is not enabled, downloading flash player from the link makes no difference. This is the same on my daughters login but, if my wife is logged onto her account all is well. Today I tried another site only to get the same message about needing the latest flash player. I deleted the version of flash player installed using the adobe uninstall tool, only to find that I could not download it again from the adobe site, it either sits and does nothing, no flash movie to show install or worse I get a message saying that I dont have permissions to download and should log on as administrator, by logging on to my wifes login again all is well for her account, dowloads fine and all sites work fine. Back to my login and still no sites requiring flash will work. My email client requires flash player and that works ok so I presume it is a browser problem.

XP Home, SP2
IE7

Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mburrett

mburrett

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

Hi Rob H,
I too am having problems with flash and IE7. A solution which did work for me was:
1. Remove Quicktime and unistall flash. Restart your computer then attempt to install the flash player. There is a conflict between quicktime and flash as quicktime tries to control the flash files.

This worked for me until i installed Office 2003-any advice on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.
Mburrett (XP Media Centre [uggh] SP2 IE7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users