Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adaware Se Personal Still May Be In My Registry

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ohfer

ohfer

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:53 AM

I uninstalled AdAware SE Personal in order to install Mcafee VirusScan Plus 2007. It won't install the antivirus part, stating it has conflicted with AdAware.I contacted a live chat support tech. from Mcafee and he stated I still probably have AdAware in my registry, preventing it from thoroughly installing. Is there an AdAware uninstall tool or a way of looking at my registry to delete the AdAware so I can install the virus scan section.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Tom.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:10 AM

Attention this is a registry tweak!!!! Back up your registry PLease look at this guide How to back up your registry prior to doing so

Download install and update Ccleaner
After installing and updating go to options - advanced and tick prompt for registry back ups
Now Start up in safe mode
Do two runs

1) Click on problems and tick all. Click on analyse. At the end you will be prompted for storing a backup.
This will be stored, as a default, in My documents.
2) Click on cleaner click on analyse and accept all files to be removed.

This will remove any unattached registry items.

#3 ohfer

ohfer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

Fozzie, thank you very much. However, I did everything you advised me to do and tried installing Mcafee again and still shows I have AdAware SE Personal on my PC. I did go to my registry and looked in there and could not find any entry containing Lavasoft or AdAware. Would you possibly know which H KEY entry I should look at. I did look at them all, unless I'm missing something.
Thank you again, Tom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users