Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7/ Slow To Load Web Pages/pc Was Down For 2 Mos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LesleyAnn

LesleyAnn

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

So, here's the deal....my PC was down for a little over 2 months and recently got it back up and running. Only problem was that the video card became unseated...one firm push and poof, it was back on. Well, after getting back online and all, of course i had a million updates to do...McAfee, Windows, etc etc... Well, during one of the updates, I now have IE7, no biggie there, except that it is loading slower than frozen snot when i try to go online. :thumbsup:
Once online, it is a little more sluggish than it used to be, but not too bad.... tolerable, sort of. I cleaned a lot of junk out of the computer, as recommended in your slow computer forum, yet no avail. I have a high speed connection thru comcast via the motorola SB5101...(which was not the one that I was connecting thru before this computer went on the fritz...). Hate the cable guys.... when he switched my modem, he didn't leave me the disc, so of course, I had a field day trying to find the driver.... amazing how stupid one feels when they find what they are looking for in the spot they knew they should have checked first....lol. Anyways.. that is resolved and the old modem has been removed from the computer...i think.
Any help here would be graciously appreciated.

Thanks,
LA Hilton

Also, How do i change my mail settings in IE7 to import from my comcast addy and not my hotmail/msn?

Edited by LesleyAnn, 27 January 2007 - 09:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:06 AM

I suspect the slow speed of IE7 webpage loading is caused by the anti-phishing tool. I've noticed that my IE7 takes about 3 times as long to load up pages as IE6 did and I see that the anti-phishing button is active.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users