Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Programs Cant Work

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 IamnewtoC

IamnewtoC

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

After i complied the programs into .exe (im using windows xp),the command prompy just blinks once after i execute it...I cant even have a look at it,it just blinks and dissapears =(.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

What language are you programming in? :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:43 AM

Are you executing the program by double-clicking on it? Try running it directly from the command window.

#4 IamnewtoC

IamnewtoC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:03 AM

I am using C++,i double clicked the program.by the way how do u run programs in the command prompt

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:33 AM

Assuming that you are running some version of windows, you go to start, run, and type in cmd.exe in the box. When the command box opens, you type in the full path to the program that you want to run. For example, C:\my_programs\test.exe where test.exe is the file you want to run, and everything before that is the path.

#6 IamnewtoC

IamnewtoC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:45 AM

Ok thanks alot,by the way can u decompile programs into source code?Is it possible to do that by changing the extension

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:04 AM

No, but one can decompile programs into assembly language that may or may not be an accurate representation of the code. There are applications that can do this, but unless you have some understanding of program structure and assembly language, it will just look like a bunch of semi-random gibberish.

The source code does not exist in an .exe. When you compile your code, a bunch of things happen (if you are really curious, check here. The end result is that your code is in a significantly different form. Due to the fact that different compilers handle code differently, there is a certain margin of error when decompiling code, so it is not always an accurate representation of the source. At any rate, it can not be turned back into C, or Java, or whatever code you created the program with.

#8 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:25 PM

Just to jump in for a sec....you can decompile old vb3 and vb4 (16bit) programs.
DoDi made a great tool for this. As far as vb5-6 go you are out of luck.(in the Windows world)
If you know ASM (assembly) and code structure you can definately rip programs apart.
objdump: http://www.linuxforums.org/misc/understand...nd_objdump.html
REC: http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm

Disclaimer: reverse engineering and decompiling software is illegal in most cases.
If you are examining spyware or virii then rock on.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users