Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 goran.p

goran.p

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

OK,here is my problem.Since I buy my comp,I have problem with my startup.At the boot every thing is fine,(boot Screen goes well,login too,Windows start,few program like Hare,Anti Crash,Zoom,etc).Then for some reason every thing stops,no load for about 1 minute.After that 1 minute loading continues with bit defender,and other app.I try every thing to see why is this 1 minute black hole,from going on forums disscus with my friends about the problem,until two days ago when I was clean my comp.I unplug everything from it,and when I plug the usb cables I forgot to connect the cable for internet connection(I use WADSL).Start comp,and everything was fine ,no 1minute delay on startup(25 second startup,WOW),plug internet,restart,and..........1 minute delay.So my problem obviosly is connection for internet is slowing my startup.Is there any way to solve this problem?Please help me.Thank you in andvance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

Have you got a home network? How is the internet setup on your network?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

It is probably Bit Defender configuring itself. Many anti-virus programs will do this. Just sit back and relax while it does it's thing.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#4 goran.p

goran.p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:13 AM

It is probably Bit Defender configuring itself. Many anti-virus programs will do this. Just sit back and relax while it does it's thing.

Like I said,when my Int.conn jack is not pluginin the comp every thing is fine,but when int.conn is pluged....1 minute delay.So,I don't want to unplug the internet every time I want to start my comp.It's boring to do this every time.I know that Bit Defenderis not the problem ,cos(int.conn. is not plug in my comp,boot is 25 sec.)(int.conn. is plug in my comp boot is 90 sec.).
About my int.conn. I go to my internet provider (On.net),make a deal for 2 years,they come to my house and install motorola Canopy 5400sm on the house,connect me to internet...and that's it.I don't have static IP address.

#5 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

Bit Defender is configuring itself for protecting the PC and your Internet connection. That is why the short delay. You use an anti-virus program to protect your computer. Let it do it's job.

Get Your Donor Card

#6 goran.p

goran.p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

OK.what you say ,holding water but,explain me this,how than my frend comp run Bit defender and he don't have this short delay.Is because eh have Intel,and I have AMD?He can't explain me why is this delay so that's why I get to this forum.Maybe there is a trick for better startup configuration.I must admit last year I found something on internet(tips &tricks)from some IT girl who explain about better startup,I do what she write,and there was no delay on startup ,but the problem is that I forgot her name,so I never was able to find her site.By the way I format my comp cos my son put some contagious CD with one beautiful virus,and there was too late to save anything .

#7 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

Are you sure the computer is completely free of malware? Do the following.

Read this: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer

Then post a Hijack This log here: HijackThis Logs and Analysis

By the way. I don't consider a minute or two as being slow. I am quite happy to enjoy my first sip of coffee and drag of my cigarette in the morning while I wait for my system to boot up, which takes about a minute and a half.

Get Your Donor Card

#8 goran.p

goran.p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:58 AM

Yes I'm sure.OK,as you say I leave this like it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users