Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost And Seeking Aid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Danny1

Danny1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

Hello All,

Im currently lost with my system and need some serious help. I have encountered many problems over the last few days and am stuck as to what to do. These problems include, random computer restarts, computer screen turning blue and not going back, computer screen turning blue with the message, *** STOP 0x00000050 (0xE3BDA000, 0X00000000, 0X804E46BA, 0X00000001) and saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I have also encountered taskdir.exe casing problems, and after deleting it in Safe mode, it will regenarte on restart, also Zlbw.dll (I read those were viruses and to delete them)

I also encounter serious Lag issues, that are normally after a certain amount of time whilst playing online games, when i Alt+Tab and open up Taskmgr i see certain files such as game1.exe, game2.exe, game3.exe, game4exe.

I am literally lost to do and am loosing out on playing with some people in an online game, Can you please help? My hijackthis log shows nothing (to what my knowledge tells me)

Here it is :

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:24:13, on 27/01/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\ATI\SUPPORT\7-1_xp_dd_40211\setup.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\IKernel.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Danno\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

So basically it is random restarts, blue screen of death, as i call it, and the error message which im not able to get back to windows, and some lag issues, caused by viruses (My ISP have told me there is no issues, and im almost certain it is a file rather than the ISP)

Thanks for your time,

Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Danny1

Danny1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:09 PM

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysinter] C:\WINDOWS\System32\adirss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lnwin.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\lnwin.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

Just caught Inwin.exe and Adirss.exe running whilst i was lagging, again, also in my taskmgr is game1.exe game2.exe game3.exe game4.exe

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

Hello,

The malware you are mentioning is very nasty malware :thumbsup:
In most of these cases, a File infector is present as well, infecting every legitimate exe. And I have the feeling that there will be more.. seen this one also replacing some legit files (wininet.dll and kernel32.dll)

Problem with these infections nowadays is, it causes a lot of damage. Even if we clean the malware off your system, I can't guarantee that your system will be clean afterwards, because these infections/bundles leave a lot of leftovers behind that most scanners won't even recognise and logs won't show.
Also, I can't promise you we can repair all the damage it caused... Even after cleaning the malware, you can still get errors afterwards because of the damage. Solving these is not always possible since it will be searching for a needle in a haystack to find the right cause and solution.
So, we can try to clean this up and do what we can, but keep in mind that we can't solve ALL problems this malware already caused.

So if you want to give it a try, perform next steps in the right order...

* Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

* Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

* Reboot into Safe Mode`: ( without networking support !)
°To get into the Windows Safe Mode, restart your computer and, just before Windows starts to load, tap the F8 key a few times.
Choose Safe Mode from the menu that will appear and press Enter.
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
    (Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
    I need that log later
* Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
  • Choose the "Scan"-tab, remove the mark at "Heuristic analysis".
  • Back at the main window, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply together with a new Hijackthislog and the log from SDfix.
Please don't start fixing entries in Hijackthis yourself, because it looks like you've done that before.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:49 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users