Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video From Pc To Tv

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

I am think of buying a package from Major League Baseball that provides broadcast of many out of market area games. The package the I purchased last year from MLB via my cable company will only be shown on satellite this year.

Is there a way to send the video and audio signal from my PC to my TV ?

Thanks

T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

You would need the right video card. This will allow you to load up to your TV with video, but not sound. Such as much of the higher up Radeon (ATI) and Nvidia Video cards, you can hook up to your TV through composite (Yellow cable) or and SVideo, but no sound (Unless you have a nice sound card) good luck.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the input.

My other problem is the PC and TV are in different rooms. I think I need something like a slingbox.

TB

#4 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

Well, with a nice enough tv (hdtv), and a nice enough video card (100 bucks), you could rock an hdtv output via component cable. . .Long enough for 50 feet or so if you want someone to wire it for you.

That's what I'm planning on right now, for my newly remodeled basement :thumbsup:

Just get a nice wireless headset for sound?

Posted Image

#5 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

Well you could get a nice soundcard lol. If your card has a set of composite outs, you could send the sound to the tv lol.

Gavin Seabrook

#6 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:04 AM

You could purchase a capture card for your computer, connect the cables from your TV to that and record. Else use a DVD recorder and tape directly to there.

Hope that helps!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#7 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

Thanks

The company that makes sling box is coming with a new device call sling catcher. My understanding is this new device will allow me to send PC video to my TV using my home's electrical wiring.

T

#8 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

Power System Transmitters

Several products use the electrical wiring of a building to transmit audio signals. These devices tend to pick up 60-cycle hum from the electrical system. This may not be noticeable with noisy rock music, but I dont recommend these products because you can get much better results from a good wireless unit. Power system audio transmitters definitely arent suitable for any type of critical listening.

Don't know if this makes a difference to your video quality or not, just thought I'd mention it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users