Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Ajumble In Incredimail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yeahbut

yeahbut

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

Hi all, I'm new and here because you helped a member of another group I'm in whose opinion I respect.

That said, the problem is that my keyboard goes crazy in IncrediMail...only in IncrediMail. I can't write an intelligible word! The Keyboard is perfectly normal in Windows and on the Internet (as you can see). I am running WINXP on HP/Compaq using IncrediMail as my email browser (I'm into graphics) and the McAfee Security Suite for protection (I was using AdAware but McAfee found it "incompatible" with it's own ad scan).

What's new on my computer: IE7; gmail and IncrediMail updates to deal with IE7 (I have written IncrediMail for help--their response mentioned 5 days). This keyboard problem "as I remember" dates from IE7 but I also switched to gmail about the same time, and the IM update followed quickly after, not to mention McAfee's constant updates.

I've tried: Reinstalling IncrediMail and the keyboard--no help. I've run SpySweeper (McAfee seems okay with that) and it found Diablo keys from Google!! I uninstalled everything Google I could find and SpySweeper deleted the Diablo Keys (if there are encrypted log files somewhere I don't know how to find them). I just reran SpySweeper and McAfee Virus Scan...everything's clean. My keyboard still doesn't function in IncrediMail.

I haven't gone back to IE6, as any number of the applications I'm running have already updated FOR IE7! Is there anyone who has encountered this problem and resolved it? I'd really appreciate advice.

yeahbut

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:56 PM

Try using Outlook Express and see if you still have the problem. If not then the problem is with Incredimail and you will need to get their tech support people to help you sort it out. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

I would suggest you post a Hijack This log in the appropriate forum by following the instructions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have included below some info found on the web. You mentioned a recent update to an IM program. Are you sure that it is what it was? That could be how this trojan got on your computer. I would also remove Incredimail since you are not able to use it and reinstall after the Hijack This expert gives you the all clear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diablo Keys is a Trojan that acts like a keylogger, recording every keystroke you enter, including passwords and credit card information. All this information will be emailed to a pre-defined address, exposing you to various crimes like blackmail and credit card theft.

List of processes associated with Diablo Keys

File Name
COMDLG32.OCX EsFtp32.ocx MCI32.OCX RICHTX32.OCX
Smtp.ocx

File Traces a.exe, anonymous mail.exe, diablo keys 2.2 server.exe , diablo2.2_server.exe, dk config.exe, dk remover.exe, dk.exe, dk2.2setup.exe, getpage.dll, make .vbs.exe, regocx.exe, stigmata.exe, sys.ocx
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 yeahbut

yeahbut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

Buddy:
THANK YOU! I ONLY HAVE THE STINGER AVERT AND THE HIJACK THIS TO RUN AND I WILL POST TO THE APPROPRIATE FORUM. I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME.
yeahbut

Edited by yeahbut, 27 January 2007 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users