Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Snag In Building My Pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Venek

Venek

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

Hey

Building my PC right now, and trying to install the mobo. I/O Panel is giving me fits with its pins. Am I to bend them backwards? Perpendicular? Leave them as is? (Which is hard to believe as it would block the inputs).

Thanks
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:22 PM

If you bend those pins, you'll be crying, as you'll probably need a new motherboard or such.

Are you trying to connect something to a location on the motherboard and it won't fit? If so, then you're connecting to the wrong location.

Describe your setup more thoroughly and specify how it's displayed to you.

#3 Venek

Venek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

Never mind, I'm such an idiot. Was supposed to only bend the big tongues, not the little ones. Fixed it, mobo fits in fine, if not snugly. Now for the CPU...whoo-hoo!
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users