Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Audio Missing, Can't hear the audio track of some DVDs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hey everybody,

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but i've recently purchased a box set of DVD's but when i play them through my laptop i can't hear anything.
They are legitimate DVD's - not pirated copies.
All of my other DVD's work just fine ... its just this 4 disc box set, and then had the same problem with a DVD i borrowed from a friend.
The region on the discs are correct, as is the region setting for the player on my laptop.
The bizarre thing is ... when i play the disc, .. i can hear the sound during the opening logo, ya know the one for the production/distribution compnay ??
Its when i get ot the menu, or play the movies themselves, ... there's no audio.

Its really annoying me that this has occurred so randomly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:27 PM

a. Have you tried playing them in a stand-alone player? If not, do so.

You may need to check the audio channels for those movies (very rare case scenario).

b. Is the dvd on your computer a rom or a burner?

Moderator Edit: Split this reply from original post in wrong forum to attach here. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 27 January 2007 - 12:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users