Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Drive Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sydman1673

sydman1673

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

My computer is acting up. every time my kids put a cd in the computer it automatically ejects it. then my son told me that when it eventually worked for a while the screen sudddenly went blue. he had to restart the computer before it worked. Any ideas?
Education is a life long experience.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:17 PM

Run registry cleaners, delete temp files, defrag the computer, and uninstall programs that you don't want.

But, if more than one person uses the computer, it could be hard to say what's what, because you may not know what they've inadvertantly installed on it.

You may also want to run a few scans, including, virus/trojan/spyware/malware.

Try the above, then post back. Also, if possible, give any details about your computer, including os, computer model, /cd\dvd type (rom or burner).

#3 sydman1673

sydman1673
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

Thanks. am at work. Will get back to you soon.
Education is a life long experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users