Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Width Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nick_kjaer

nick_kjaer

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:01 AM

Hey everyone,

I have an issue which can't seem to resolve. Couple of days ago I accidently pressed a combination of buttons and the screen/display suddenly reduced in size.

Now the screen is half the size it was before with a 2inch black 'border' all the way around the outside. Basically the display is only being 'displayed' in a small section in the middle of the screen.

When I change the screen resolution to 800x... the display area decreases further and when I increase it to its maximum resolution, the display area fills the screen (which is what am trying to achieve) but the icons stay the same size, i.e.: they seem in proportion incredibly small.

Basically I was just wondering if any of you knew how I could fix this problem? I need to try and proportionally increase the whole size of the display area to fill the entire screen area.

Thank very much in advance for any help.

Cheers, Nick.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

I presume that the buttons that you pushed were on the monitor? If so, please let us know the make and model of your monitor so we can locate the information.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 nick_kjaer

nick_kjaer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

Hi everyone, sorry forgot to explain that it was a laptop. However I solved the problem, quite standard actually, just hit 'Function + T'. Sorry for any time wasting. Cheers, Nick

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

Laptops will do that to you! I was the hero at work the other day because of the Fn key (turning the wireless on) - but that was because I'd been caught previously by that one and had learned my lesson! :thumbsup:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users