Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Divx For Windows 6.5 Vs Windows Media Player 9 Series

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 c171196

c171196

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:56 AM

Dear Sir: After free upgraded the DivX program to "DivX for Windows 6.5". I got the problem with my Windows Media Player 9 Series that can play the movies with any DivX coding with the message asking me to shut down the Windows Media Player 9. With the follwing error:

Error Signature
AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2980 ModName: divxdec.ax ModVer: 6.5.0.0 Offset: 0003016c

Could you please help me how to overcome my problem? Please advise me.
Thanks. Kind regards

(I try to use "RegCure" and "RegistrySmart" programs, also reinstall "DivX for Windows 6.5" and Windows Media Player 9 programs. But still the same getting the same problem.)

(I am using Windows 2000 pro system.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:52 AM

Looking at the error signature there appears to be a conflict between WMP9 and DivX for Windows. Please do the following :

Go to START RUN and type EVENTVWR . A box will open. You will be looking for red crosses under Applications. Please whatever you see there.

#3 c171196

c171196
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

Dear Sir: By follow your instruction, I found quite a few Error there in EVENTVWR and Warning and some are Microsoft Windows Media Player in the partically location "Application Log" and "System Log". So how to overcome my problem. Please help me and provide me with the step to rescue my problem. Thanks. Please advise me again. Kind regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users