Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Alert Popup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wyzrd

Wyzrd

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:04 AM

I am doing the manual because the automatic did not install this and in step 9 it tells you to rename some .dll files.

9. Scroll through the list of files in this folder and look for hjpprpu.dll. Right-click on hjpprpu.dll and select rename. Rename the file to hjpprpu.dll.bad.

Look for the file cvnzie.dll and rename the file to cvnzie.dll.bad.

Look for the file kuhmk.dll and rename the file to kuhmk.dll.bad.

Look for the file ownyhr.dll and rename the file to ownyhr.dll.bad.

Look for the file vwfps.dll and rename the file to vwfps.dll.bad.

Look for the file cthkpcv.dll and rename the file to cthkpcv.dll.bad.

Look for the file gwquvw.dll and rename the file to gwquvw.dll.bad.

Look for the file axlet.dll and rename the file to axlet.dll.bad.

Look for the file nbbrhbd.dll and rename the file to nbbrhbd.dll.bad.

Look for the file oksrqqu.dll and rename the file to oksrqqu.dll.bad.

Note: Please rename any of the above files that you may find. If you do not find any of these files, then you should post a note about it in the Am I Infected? forum.

Well none of these files exist so I am posting here like told.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:08 AM

Are you seeing the Antivermins popup? Did you unhide the files by following the instructions? Were you unable to install the Smitfraudfix?
If the answers to the above is YES then please post a Hijack This log in the appropriate forum by following the instructions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Wyzrd

Wyzrd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

No I haven't seen the antivermins popup that I remember. But the System Alert Popup is in my add/remove program list. I was able to run Smitfraudfix to get rid of Video ActiveX Object 2.07 but it didn't get rid of the System Alert Popup which is why I decided to do it manually.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

suggest you post a Hijack This log following the instructions in my first post.
Antivermins is not the only malware that downloads the "system alert popup". It could be the trojan zlob.
You may want to install and run Super antispyware before posting the Hijack This log. Run it in safe mode.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users