Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:21 AM
OK, Microsoft says it's a driver. So, go ahead and run the other 2 tests just in case (it won't hurt anything, and it has a chance of fixing things).
Then, read the last 3 links to see if you can figure out what's responsible for this. If any of it isn't making sense, just ask here and someone will be able to help out (a lot of it will seem like gibberish, but it's essential if we're to find the exact problem).
That being said, at times all that work won't locate the exact cause. Then we'll have to fall back on the generic driver troubleshooting techniques:
1) Strip all non-essential hardware off of the system and run it to see if the error recurs (make sure that all USB devices (excepting the mouse and keyboard) are disconnected). If it doesn't, then it's likely that the error is with something you've stripped off.
If so, start adding stuff back, one by one, until the error recurs. That's what is likely to be causing it. So update the drivers for that device.
If it doesn't stop the errors, then start updating the drivers from the ground up (from the most basic components up to the higher level ones). In general this is the recommended list:
1) motherboard/chipset drivers
2) video drivers
3) any devices that reside in the motherboard (built in)
4) network and modem drivers
5) sound drivers
6) any cards that are plugged into the slots in the motherboard
7) monitor drivers
8) any device that is plugged into the case (mouse and keyboard mainly)
Get the most updated version of the drivers from the manufacturer's website. BUT, with the video card, get the drivers from the manufacturer of the chipset (nVidia, ATI, etc).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.