Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Monitor Wont Work Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stickeruk

stickeruk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

I Need Help with my Computer please please?
The problem i'm having is every time i switch on my pc the monitor goes to standby and will not turn on i have tried 2 monitors and they both do the same thing so i cant use my pc cause the monitor keeps staying on standby, I have tried to disconect everything and even un-plugged it all and it still keeps going to standby....Can someone tell me how to fit this please...the monitor is samsung syncmaster and the pc tower is Bonsai 1008 this computer is around 5/6 years old and has worked fine up to the past week.

The computer does beep when its truned on..please help

I cant see anything as soon as i turn the power to the pc on the monitor stays on standby and it a black screen
If it means anything my pc is windows ME

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

Hello stickeruk and welocme to Bleeping Computer.
Could you describe the beep patten?

Beep Codes
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

I suspect the onboard video has gone bad or video card is loose or bad. Could also be corrupted graphics driver. If it is onboard video try a video card PCI or AGP depending on what your system can use. If it is a video card pull it out and reseat it then see if you can view the screen. If reseating the video card doesn't work try another video card. Don't forget to uninstall the drivers once the screen can be seen and then reinstall them.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users