Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Houdini

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikem1947

mikem1947

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

I have had Windows xp prof. installed for a while, all was ok, I have broadband installed, and get onto the net, with no probs,but decided to have a look at my network settings,I went to control panel-system-hardware tab-{everything ok so far}-device manager, this is where houdini appeared..there was no hardware profiles of any of the hardware installed-the page was blank? I cannot go to network settings page to check ip address etc..there are no icons at all! page is blank! I can still surf the net no probs..can anyone help to get my icons back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:45 AM

Attention this is a registry tweak!!!! Back up your registry PLease look at this guide How to back up your registry prior to doing so.

Here no. 28 left should do the trick

#3 mikem1947

mikem1947
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

hi fozzie, I gave this a go, still didnt work,still blank page opens when I click on the device manager tab !!

#4 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

No Items Appear in the Device Manager List When You Open It

If that does not help you may be infected by Apropos which can cause the empty Device Manager. Do the following.

Read this: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer

Then post a Hijack This log here: HijackThis Logs and Analysis
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users