Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer help needed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 srinker

srinker

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

When I open the internet.My start page (which is earthlink) freezes. I can go through the mail to open another page or use the earthlink search to open another page. But the start page stays frozen the whole time.If I try to close it using ctrl+alt+delete then a window will pop up telling me that the program is busy do i want to wait or end task . It will not close untill I shut the comp down but I can use the internet as long as I leave that page alone . Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem or how to make my start page stop loading up. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:33 PM

In Internet Explorer you can change your start page by going to Tools>Internet options and under the General tab picking Use Current, Use Default or Use Blank. The easiest thing to do is to find a page you like for a homepage (I use a local weather page) and clicking Use Current.

Sounds like there is a problem with something on the Earthlink page not loading on your machine. What is the address and I'll check it from here.

BTW, when you see wait or end task, pick end task, and do it again if you have to. It will go away.

Edited by Leurgy, 02 January 2005 - 08:39 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 srinker

srinker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

I believe it is start.earthlink.net

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:14 PM

Works ok from here. Has a big Flash ad on the right hand side that could be giving you problems. Try going to www.macromedia.com and clicking on Download Flash Player. Click Install now and go back to Earthlink and see if its any better.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users