Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Another Sound Problem.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sadiee.xo

sadiee.xo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

i've read a lot of topics about pretty much the same thing, but no one has the same kind've computer as me and i have no idea what to do! :[

ok so. my computer started acting funny a few months ago, and i had to restore it. after that the sound didn't work. i've restored it numerous times trying to make it work. i've tried updating the driver, uninstalling it and installing it back. but when i install it back it says it won't install. this is what it does afteri t searches for the hardware, after i connect it to my modem thing.
Posted Image
and then after that, it tells me i don't have the drivers installed.
but i don't know exactly what to install or how. if anyone could help it would be amazing. :thumbsup:

oh and i have an emachines computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

Is your sound card built-in or is it a separate piece?

#3 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

Double check that you have the correct download for sound from emachines support/downloads section.

If the device won't install automatically after you point Device Manager to the directory of downloaded drivers, you can specify at the beginning of the install hardware wizard that you want to install the device manually. Select the type of hardware you're installing, pick "have disk" and point it at the directory where the drivers are saved.
Posted Image

#4 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:24 AM

You don't need to PM me sadiee, I keep track of the topics I post in. :thumbsup:

You say you're not able to download the driver from emachine's server, can I ask what your model # is?

Hopefully their server is just acting funny, but if nothing else we can download a huge sound driverpack and have dev. manager get it from there automatically.
Posted Image

#5 sadiee.xo

sadiee.xo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

haha okay. umm ill try my best to find the model number lol.

okay. its W3118

#6 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

Try the XP driver on this page. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...etDown=false#AC
Posted Image

#7 sadiee.xo

sadiee.xo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

so what exactly am i supposed to download lol.

the realtek thing?

#8 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:16 PM

Yes. There are only two downloads on the page marked for Windows XP, either one should work. If you can't find either of them, you might consider having someone else fix your PC. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#9 sadiee.xo

sadiee.xo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:56 PM

okay thanks it works. i just randomly downloaded XP things lol.
when i had to restart it it made the sound it makes when u start i up and restarted.

thanks for all the help, i appreciate it a lot. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users