Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Uninstall Norton Systemworks 2006

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kengm

kengm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

Need assistance in removing Norton SystemWorks 2006 Premier. I have used the Norton removal tool and there doesn't appear to be any traces of the program (i.e does not appear in program list nor in add/remove list). But when I try to install McAfee antiVirus (via AOL) it doesn't activate but rather indicates that it detects Norton anti virus that must be removed (which I have removed). I checked the registry for NAVAPW32 and it doesn't exist. Right now I am without any anti virus software as nothing can be installed as it seems to detect the presense of Norton's anti virus but yet I cannot locate any remaining remants of it on my computer. I am running WindowsXP SP2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,
kengm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

Hi kengm and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

As you can see in This BC Thread,sometimes you may be required to run the SymNRT removal tool more than once to get rid of everything.

But for now,you should not be running without any Antivirus protection on your system!
Download and install one from our Freeware Replacements For Commercial Apps.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

Try this registry cleaner:

Eusing Registry Cleaner
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleane...try_cleaner.htm
Eusing registry cleaner is a fast and FREE, and most importantly, very good at cleaning out bad registry entries. Even if you use other registry cleaners, you should definitely add this one to your list.

Chances are that even if you've found and removed the file NAVAPW32, there may be more traces of the program still in your registry.

Also, use this registry cleaner too. The reason for this one is that you can search for whatever you're looking for, and it'll find them, if they're in your registry.

Replendent Registrar Advanved Registry Manager
http://www.resplendence.com/registrar
Replendent Registrar is yet, another very good registry cleaner and manager. The latest version checks for hidden registry entries and can be used as a CLSID lookup utility. This has many advanced features, which makes it needed even more. Although this is not actually a FULL FREE product, I'm listing it because the lite version is FREE, but some features are disabled. But for the average joe, this will be a very useful tool.

Use the 1s registry program listed, then if the results aren't fixed, then use the other one.

When using the Replendent, you will need to know ALL known names associated with that program. In other words, you may have to search for different names in order to find all of the residue files left behind.

Note: Be very careful when using this function, because there may be files that aren't associated to that program, but may bare the same name. So be very careful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users