Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 butterfly810204

butterfly810204

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

Hello! I am not a very computer literate person i just like to go online talk to my friends and family on my messenger and play spades a lot. i didn't have this problem with my other computer. i got this computer used and a friend of mine took it and cleaned it out i guess thats what he said and he put windows sap on here and put a bunch of other stuff he said he rebuilt the computer and i dent know if that has something to do with why i cant play spades on this computer or any yahoo games for that matter. when i click on a room it tells me to wait 3 min for the applet to load if it doesn't to click here so it doesn't load and i click it and it still doesn't load it just goes straight to saying done. If someone knows whats going on could u please help me I would greatly appreciate it. just keep in mind i do not know much at all about computers.

thank you
butterfly810204 :flowers:

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

Hi butterfly810204, and welcome to BC!

This topic has been discussed both HERE and HERE. Be sure to check out any links that members have provided, and to also (if you choose to) do what others have suggested in trying to help. Honestly, I am unsure if there was ever a solid, definite fix for this type of error. :flowers:

Also, when your computer was redone, do you know if the windows fire wall was turned on (by default, I believe it is). This may (and I stress may) prevent things from being automatically installed onto your machine. You can check to see if windows firewall is turned on by clicking on Start>Control Panel. A window will pop up. Now click on Windows Firewall, and yet another window will pop up. Now, click on OFF (or the little circle to it's left). I know that it says that it's not recommended, but you'll be fine for a few minutes (mine is always off!). Now, try to download the applet again. As I said, this may or may not work (it may or may not be the cause of the problem).

I hope this helps! Please let us know either way! :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 25 January 2007 - 09:02 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users