Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Now Major Problems...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:15 PM

I posted something a while back about having problems w/ my defrag and search. I could live without those things, but now my microsoft mouse is completely @#%@(#*$'ed up. I tried to access my mouse seetings, and received this error:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/mon...55321/mouse.jpg

I tried re-installing the mouse software, but that didn't seem to work, and actually screwed up my mouse even more. Now my scroll wheel scrolls about 50 lines in a single click, meaning i'm down to the bottom of the BC forum list in like 3 clicks of the wheel.

I have a strong feeling that whatever is causing the malfunction in my mouse is causing the malfunction of the defrag/search features, or vice-versa.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:23 PM

The error seems to be with main.cpl which refers to your mouse and keyboard according to this:

http://www.wilsonmar.com/1wincpl.htm

I see you have Limewire installed. BINGO! I would put next month's rent on a bet that this is the reason you are having issues. I would bet that you are badly infected. Care to take that bet with me? :thumbsup:

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 25 January 2007 - 03:23 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

I've had limewire installed for a while now, and it's never harmed my system before. Maybe it's the new version that screwed me over. I'll uninstall it and run all my scans again. I've run my scans already, and it didn't catch anything, but running them again couldn't hurt.

Anything else it could be?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

It's not the Limewire that's the problem - it's the stuff that's downloaded through it. When you come into my shop, if you've got Limewire installed the first thing we look for is spyware and viruses. And almost all of the PC's with Limewire are infected.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

Un-installed LW and ran AVG, Spybot, and Ad-aware. Came up with absolutely nothing.

So, what now?

#6 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

Read this: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer

Then post a Hijack This log here: HijackThis Logs and Analysis
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#7 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:53 PM

Crap, i had hoped it wouldn't come down to that...... Oh well, the log is posted....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users