Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hopalong

hopalong

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

When I try to open some of my e-mails I get a window that says--This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Is there anyway I can open? or how do I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

First you will need to determine what application is required to open the file, or files---just Goggle the file extension. For example, .xls would require Excel or an equivalent application. If you have the required application, then the next step is to associate the file TYPE with it.

The mini-guide instructions below are targeted to picture files, but the process is identical for any unassociated file type:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40808/how-to-change-which-application-opens-your-pictures/

I hope this solves your problem, but if not, or you have any questions, please reply.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users