Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MAJOR PC PROBS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 grannynutter

grannynutter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:20 PM

Am having major pc problems. In the last while i have found my pc running slow giving error messages and also open web pages not asked for. I sometimes will just give no web page available to all web pages.

When i checked my processes of wat is running i found a number of things i cant explain maybe u can help:

svchost.exe
CMESys.exe
spoolsv.exe
devcpp.exe
ntsf.exe
mspmspsv.exe
usbn.exe
defragfat39.exe
crss.exe
hpztsb04.exe
services.exe
avgcc32.exe
SAgent2.exe
avgserv.exe
stisvc.exe
lsass.exe
smss.exe
realsched.exe
regsvc.exe

i find all these things are running when all i have open is one window in internet explorer what are they are they harmfull to my pc.

Could some1 please help as i feel i am going to go mad with my pc.

Thanks

Granny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daveai

daveai

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 01:24 PM

Granny -- The first step is to produce a HijackThis logfile.

Please download the newest version of HijackThis (version 1.99) and unzip it into a newly created folder (such as "C:\HJT) to ensure that backup files will be saved reliably .

Run the new version and create a logfile:

Press 'Scan' then 'Save Log' then 'Save' then 'Yes'.
In the Notepad window, use 'Edit > Select All', then 'Edit > Copy'
Then paste into a reply to this message and send it.

I'll be automatically alerted when that happens.

Thanks
daveai
"Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw." Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users