Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder Options Missing.. .help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yusuf

Yusuf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:35 AM

hey to all who read this. my folder options is missing. if i select tools- then folder options is missing. its not even in my control panel. wat do i do. i need to access hidden files. but lol cant

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

Thsi is usually caused by a virus. Have you scanned your system?

Scroll down to 129. Restore Folder Options Under Tools at the left side. Download and run it.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 25 January 2007 - 10:51 AM.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

If you are on a network, it is possible that your System Administrator set the option in the policy rules to deny you access to the option. Otherwise, it may be malware that has infected your computer and disabled the option so that you can't delete the hidden files it uses, either a rootkit or a virus.

If you are not on a network, I would suggest posting a hijack log in the hijack forums. If you are on a network, see your sysadmin and ask if the policy can be changed.

If you post a hijack log, read this first. And be patient because there are a lot of logs and few helpers. Do not reply to your own posts because the hijack team looks for posts with no replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users