Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Sims

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MissAmerica520

MissAmerica520

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:19 PM

I didn't know if I should post this in the game board or in Windows 95/98*Grinler board, so I posted it in both. Just recently, I had gotten a sims unleashed game. It met all the requirements to my computer, so I tried to install it. The problem was that when I put my CDrom in my computer, I kept getting a message that said "Cannot find file D:\start.exe[or one of its components]." I have windows 98 and I think its a windows problem. But I really need help trying to find a solution to this problem, so please help. Thanks in advance.

~Erica

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:00 PM

Hi erica :thumbsup:

Is the your D: drive on your computer your cdrom?

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:50 AM

have you tried to explore the actual cd and search for the setup.exe file then double clicking it. or usung the run comand. if none of this helps then you have something either windows or cd-rom. or the setup.exe file not on the cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users