Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Abbyy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

Hi,

Anyone know if there is a program for making scanned documents into a PC formate that can be typed on and then sent to the copier?

I'm tired of hand writing applications for services that always turn out hard to read even for me. They are so sloppy, unprofessional and unreadable. I would like to make my applications more user friendly, ie., readable. Does ABBYY do this? If so how?

I just downloaded ABBYY Pro 8 trial thinking it might do this but have been unable to find out how it does, if it does?

If anyone knows anything about this please let me know how this may be done if it can be? Thank you.

Sincerely,

John :thumbsup:

Edited by Johnz414, 24 January 2007 - 05:16 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

What you are looking for is OCR software. (Optical Character Reader) I got some for free with my cheapie HP 3-in-1. Let us know if Abby works like you want it to- I;ve never heard of it until now.
Johanna
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher an animal, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

I find OCR to be a real nuissance. Another option, but it isn't free by any means, is the Foxit Editor. You can type anywhere on a PDF file with this program. It has other features as well. It will save as a PDF file and can be printed like any other document.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:44 PM

If your printer doesn't come with the OCR software installed, here's a free program you can use:
simpleocr
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users