Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found A Worm. How Do I Get Rid?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyberslouch

Cyberslouch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

My Zonealarm has been repeatedly advising me that it is blocking 'Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services'. Looking this up on the start up list I see that it is a worm with the file name intpvc.exe which has been added by the DINFORD.D worm. :thumbsup:

How do I get rid of it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:40 PM

I am unable to find any info on intpvc.exe or DINFORD.D worm by Googling them. Please give all the info on how you identified the file and worm and what programs you used and what scans you have done.
I do know that if I block the Generic Host Process from accessing the internet it causes connection problems. ZA free is my firewall, also.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Cyberslouch

Cyberslouch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for your response. I diagnosed the worm from the Start Up list (top of this page) but having googled around I discovered this is quite a common problem and seems to occur when ZoneAlarm is the firewall being used.

Checking the ZoneAlarm 'More Info' commentary I discovered that my PC was trying to reach a specific IP address. On checking this IP address I discovered that this is my Wireless router!

Given that ZA keeps blocking this connection attempt I am surprised that I am able to get internet access.

All's well that ends well, etc. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users