Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgotten Password Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ceerey

ceerey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:09 AM

I have tried to start in safemode but i must have lost mind, this is something i have done before but can't seem to recover my password.
I am admin. I have forgotten password to get in admin. This is my personal computer, I talked with Computer repair and they told me I could not get in without password. Would have to remove my hard drive to get my data.

Edited by ceerey, 24 January 2007 - 11:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hi ceerey and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Safe Mode rarely requires a password.
If you are the admin. of this computer,you can remove the password from your account by opening the Control Panel's User Accounts area,selecting your account,then selecting "Remove the Password".
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Ben Woodruff

Ben Woodruff

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

If this is Windows XP Home Edition, you can try starting in safe mode and logging in to the account with the user name "Administrator." In XP Home this account is only available in safe mode, and therefore the password is generally left blank.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Ben
My setup: MacBook Pro | 17" LCD matte display @ 1680 x 1050 | 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM | DVD-R | ATI Radeon X1600 256MB PCIe | 100GB Hitachi 7,200RPM Hard Drive | AirPort Extreme b/g/n

Looking for a PC repair center? Live in upstate NY?
Hurricane Technologies - 53 Genesee St. - Avon NY - 14414 - 585.226.2526

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

There is some good information in This Micro$oft MVP article.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users