Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Is Won't Start Up!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

I was trying to create a small partition on my laptop. The HD space of my laptop was 40GB, and I wanted to make a 6GB Partition. Everything went well, and it looked as though I made the partition. But then when the program (Partition Magic 8.0) asked me to restart the computer, everything screw up.

The computer won't start up, It'll get past the manufacturer's splash screen, and then it'll say "Your computer was not turned off properly, what do you want to do now, and there's all the basic options like starting up in safe mode, and etc. Doesn't matter what I choose, it reaches the Windows splash screen and then, it restarts. Although right before it restarts, there's a blue screen, but I could never see what's written on it.

Anyone know what my problem is and how to solve it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:19 AM

You are recieving the Blue Screen of Death. The most probable reason this is happening, is when you partitioned it, it might have moved some of your important info to the new partition. I would recommend formating and partition the drive while you install windows. If you have data you need backed up, take you drive out, and pop it into another computer as a "Secondary" drive and pull your stuff off. But reformat and partition at OS install instead of Partition Magic (I have had the same prob with Partition Magic 8.0)

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users