Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Hi Speed Usb Host Controllers.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JCII

JCII

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

:thumbsup:
Hi I use a HP computer 5 years old. I have a ipod nano using itunes. Every time I plug it in I get the message, " This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. For a list of available ports click here"

When I click I see: There are no Hi Speed USB host controllers installed on this computer.

My ipod works fine but can I install a Hi-Speed USB port? Is this hardware or software? If software does it cost a lot and is it worth looking into.

Thanks,

Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:07 PM

I purchased a couple of USB 2.0 PCI cards at work for backing up computers that only had USB 1.1 ports. USB is about 40 times faster than USB 1.1. If you're copying over large files to a device, it will cut the transfer time down from minutes to seconds.

You can purchase a USB 2.0 card at any computer retail store. Here's a sample listing from NewEgg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....N=0&Ntk=all

Hope that helps,
JC

#3 JCII

JCII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:38 PM

Thank you.

Yes that helps I did not understand how it worked.

Jeff :thumbsup:

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

:thumbsup:
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic