Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bf2 Probs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:02 PM

i have recently purchased BF2 and am loving it the only thing that i have a problem with is that the game runs a little slow, and can have some lag like spikes online, the only thing is it seems to be really only playable at most low settings online, i dont really have this problem offline

my specs

1 gig ram
radeon 1600x pro 512 mb iceq graphics
2.13 ghz processor
windows xp
directX 9.0
i have an 80 gig hdd with 18.5 gigs free.

i seem to over exceede the system requirements but yet i have some problems with framerate (im pretty sure it is, it could be lag but i do have a cable connection)

i do have about 27 processes running in the background and all seem to be legitimate system specific items that i dont believe i should mess with, i do have the latest drivers for my video card, and i regularly run virus/ spyware scans on my compy.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

Hi ussr1943! BF2 is great, isn't it!

Here's a few tips that might help you along while gaming:

Play a single player game, not online. If it still lags, then it's your system. Doing some of the below might eliminate the lag.

Choose a map with a low ping. High pings are just guaranteed lag fests. Low pings will help to eliminate lag from online play.

Stay away from the huge maps. Maps that are 64 players are large maps, and have usually 50+ people in them. That's a lot for a computer to handle, and might cause lag in itself. Stick with smaller maps. Personally, I seldom enter a 32 player map. I tend to stick with 24 player and below.

Don't be afraid to drop the resolution a bit, or turn off anti-aliasing (AA). This should help to speed things up a bit. You can go through and customize the video settings, turning off certain things that will help relieve your system of the demand that BF2 puts on it.

Are all the programs required? Meaning, do programs like AOL, Yahoo, google notifier, java updater, xfire auto update checker (or what ever it's called) etc. etc. run in the back ground? Each of these programs sucks up your bandwith just a bit. All of them combined suck up a lot of bandwith. You can check HERE to see what programs are needed, not needed or user defined for starting when windows starts.

I hope that this helps a bit! Post back and let us know! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

I can honestly start up BF2 right hwen I get on my computer, with like MSN running in the background, AIM, and vent, and still lag online, adn I exceed the requirements by a large margin

I exceed all of yours except ram and vid card, and I get spikes

its mainly because of everything your computer has to take in, BF games in general are laggy no matter what you run, because if you play on 64 man servers, the server can't handle the players, its been known since debut, I remember playin gon a 64 man server like the month it came out and the entire server was skipping so bad it wasn't even funny

if you play on smaller servers its still the same kind of issue, its just that you have to render so much in that game at once, that its not even funny

you have to render your immediate surroundings, the far surroundings depending how far up you have your setting for that, You have to render vehicles, explosions, radio chatter, text chatter lol its all a bit too much for any system or server to handle lol so Id say its just the game itself not your computer

I think I get.... like... 30 FPS in BF2, not even at times, and I have

amd 64 3500+ 2.2 ghz
1 gig ram
nvidia 6600 GS
and a 200 gig hd with like 30 left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users