Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:31 PM

Can someone help me out. One day all sound was ok on my laptop, now the next day, all sound has gone - even the sound from the computer when it turns on and off. Any ideas please?

I tried System Restore, but after several attempts, it wont restore for some reason.

I did notice a trojan recently when doing an Avast scan, but I have deleted it - it was in a set up exe file for bet365. I think I had volume after that though.

I have looked at a Hijack This log and everything seems ok.

I run regular checks on avast, spybot, adaware, windows defender, and i run zonealarm free with spyware blaster running

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 23 January 2007 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

If you go into the Sound panel in Control panel, does it list a soundcard/sound device? Is there one you can select in the drop down menu in the Audio tab?
Posted Image

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

I went into Control panel and selected Sounds and Audio devices and clicked on the Audio tab. The only one on sound playback is ' sis 7012 wave'

I have also looked on devise manager and there is no question marks in anything.

#4 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:01 AM

Double check the connections to the soundcard and speakers, check the power connections too. Also open up the volume panel and make sure the master slider and wave slider are up and not muted.
Posted Image

#5 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:28 AM

Thats it!! The wave slider was down and line in was muted in the volume panel - everythings fine now thanks to you.

Cheers!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users