Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Open Scanned Image In Irfanview

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:59 AM

Hello!

I WAS scanning, saving, and opening images in Irfanview without any problems, but lately I keep getting the message shown in the image below. I can still open the previously saved images, but I can't open any newly saved images.

The way that I'm scanning is opening up PaperPort (my scanning software), clicking on the file folder for "My Cards," and then scanning. There is no option given for what format I want to save the image under.

What am I doing wrong? How can I resolve this problem and prevent it in the future?

Posted Image

Thanks so much!!!
Michele

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:13 AM

It looks like your scanner makes it to a file format which Irfranview can not handle. The .max extension can only be handled with Paperport viewer which you can download here. You can do the following things :

If it previously worked than uninstall Irfanview and re-install it.
Alternavely try to make your output default JPG
you also could try this. Rightclick the picture you are having problems with click Copy. than on an empty space again rightclick and paste. so you have a copy.
After that rightclick again change name into test.jpg and try to open it.

Edited by fozzie, 23 January 2007 - 08:13 AM.

#3 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:26 AM

Thanks so much, Fozzie!! I was wondering how I change my output default to JPEG?

:thumbsup: Michele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users