Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Watching Some Vidoes.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:51 AM

I have problems watching some vidoes.Some play perfect, and for example I watch some Google vidoes they stop and start all the time.Not only Google.Any clues would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:41 AM

If I am not mistaking you use FF DSTM? Use this extension for FF. Prior to that we might want to determin if this is a problem for specific files or for all of them.
these are all quicktime movies can you play those?

These are MPG can you play those

these are wmv videos

Please post back what works and doesnot work. Also advise whether you have quicktime installed

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:44 AM

That problem is usually caused by a slow connection speed.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:53 AM

That problem is usually caused by a slow connection speed.

I really should take glasses here... :flowers: :thumbsup: Run this test here and post back the result

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

Thanks Fozzie and Buddy215,will get back with the info.Appreciate such a quick reponse. :thumbsup:

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:06 AM

Type Speed kbps
28.8k Modem 28
33.6k Modem 33
56k Modem 56
64k ISDN 64
128k ISDN 128
384k DSL 384
768k DSL 768
1.5Mb DSL/Cable 1500
You 416
7816 kbits downloaded in 18.797 sec

Might I add that now at 12 midnite is the fastest download speed.Around 50's.Other times I have to give up downloading as the speed can drop to 10's.I thought maybe I was pressing play before the Buffering was finished.I will check to see what software I'm running,and would appreciate how to determine what runs with what software.I will get back and :thumbsup:

Im on adsl 56k.Would I be better going for Satellite Broadband,as my contract is up shortly?

Edited by DSTM, 23 January 2007 - 08:13 AM.

#7 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:18 AM

Wll yes adsl 56k is no good for watching online videos Satelitte Broadband would at least solve that problem. A nice little program is processs explorer.
(check the freeware section in my sig) If you open it you will see the same as in CTRL ALT DEL but while selecting the process it also gives you info on which programs it is using.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

So, the phone company doesn't have a faster plan? DSL is limited in the speeds by the distance from the phone company's office. Anything much over 3 miles of wiring and the speed drops to like dialup.
On a different note, I read recently that because of the drought in Australia that snakes were moving into populated areas and several people have been bitten. Have you that problem?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

So, the phone company doesn't have a faster plan? DSL is limited in the speeds by the distance from the phone company's office. Anything much over 3 miles of wiring and the speed drops to like dialup.
On a different note, I read recently that because of the drought in Australia that snakes were moving into populated areas and several people have been bitten. Have you that problem?

Will check what options are available,and I know they have 4 or so Satellite speeds available,at a price.
I have Quicktime,Windows Media Player and Adobe Shockwave Player installed.

In answer to your inquiry.
Yes Buddy215,we had a tragic case of a 15 yr old school boy,only 10 days ago and 5 mins drive from where I live who was looking for lizards in the local park.He actually picked up a deadly brown snake,and was bitten.He suffered a heart attack and was rushed to hospital,but he died.This is in Sydney,and where he was bitten is surrounded by hundreds of surburban houses.I don't think city children are educated on how to treat snakebite,because if he had known how to treat himself,I'm sure he would have stood a chance of survival.He would have needed hospital treatment as well,as these brown snakes are rated as one of the deadliest in the world.

I just looked up on the net and saw how deadly these snakes are, and how many of the worlds deadliest snakes reside right here in Australia.An interesting LINK.

http://snake.fol.nl/Page2.html

Edited by DSTM, 23 January 2007 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users