Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Resolution

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 charley1

charley1

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

Ihave a new computer. Iwant to download a desktop wallpaper.Everything I see is smaller resolution than my wide screen 1140X900. How can i get these wallpapers to fit my screen?

charley1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:22 AM

Hi charley1.
I assume you mean "1440"X900.? :thumbsup:
You can force a smaller size wallpaper to fill the screen by right clicking on your desktop, select properties>Desktop tab. Under "Position" select "Stretch" from the drop down menu.
Unfortunetly, you will end up with a stretched image that does not look real well.
There are plenty of free wallpapers out there available in 1440X900 if you look around.
Another alternative would be to just make your own or take a larger image and crop out a 1440X900 section of it.

#3 charley1

charley1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

hi Hitsquad,

thanks for the answer ill look around for a wallpaper that fits.

charley1 :thumbsup:

#4 LaZyFLiP07

LaZyFLiP07

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:04 AM

Check out www.interfacelift.com for some pretty nice wallpapers. You can filter your search for wallpapers that fit on 1440x900.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users