Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Video Crash Please Help :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kimbruce

kimbruce

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

I'm having problems with my internet explorer/firefox. Everytime i go to look at videos at steakandcheese.com or other video streaming sites my cpu usage goes to 100 the video doesnt play and my computer either crashes or i have to slowly use task manager to close internet explorer/firfox(problem is the same on both).

I have 1 gig of ram pentium 4 a 6200 geforce vid card Windows xp proffesinal. I have tried avg free edition mcafree antivirus spyware doctor amust registry cleaner spybot search and destroy and also adware se. some of these programs saw and got ride of trojons and other nasty stuff as far as i can tell everything works fine the desktop wouldnt let me put in a differnt backdrop but i fixed that. Only problem now is when i go to sites to watch and click on the page that loads a video it makes my computer slow down and/or crash. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be highly apreciated thanx allot :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 22 January 2007 - 08:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

It wouldn't be a bad idea if you reran a few of those programs again.

The reason I say this is because you've already mentioned that you had trojans or such, but you fixed the issues. Sometimes those issues aren't fully fixed. They will cause other problems when you get rid of those problems, sometimes.

I, personally would like for you to at least try this regisrty cleaner:

Eusing Registry Cleaner
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleane...try_cleaner.htm
Eusing registry cleaner is a fast and FREE, and most importantly, very good at cleaning out bad registry entries. Even if you use other registry cleaners, you should definitely add this one to your list.

Even if you already use one, try this, and you may be so amazed at how it finds invalid registries. It's been good to me. I'm not saying it'll fix your problem, but it will make a big difference when it gets rid of all those invalid entires that you thought were gone.

If you have java installed, uninstall it and then reinstall it again.

You should also clear out the cache, delete temp files, then reboot.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Walkman, 22 January 2007 - 09:01 PM.

#3 kimbruce

kimbruce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:07 AM

i tried all that and also installing new codecs nothing fixed it yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users