Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dan_12_670

dan_12_670

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

I'm computer illiterate and i need some help getting adobe flash player working on my computer. Here is the situation. I will go to a site ex.youtube.com that uses flash for videos and then i go to watch a video it says i need to download flash then i do. Then no box pops up to say if i want to download it or anything and there is just the animation saying the instalation is complete. Then below that sometimes there is a message saying Important Message: You may need to click the gold bar at the top of the browser window to allow the install. But there is no gold bar. Other times it just does not say that and it says it worked. Then when i go to do anything on a website ex. youtube it still does not work. The thing that really bugs me as it was working just last week. what am i doing wrong? what can i do to get it running?any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Daniel
Ps im not sure if this was the right place to post this question.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

Uninstall ALL flash players from Add/Remove Programs using the uninstaller in the link below.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14157

You may also have to install the latest Java using the link below(4th download down for end users)
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
After installing the Java 6.0 uninstall all old Java in Add/Remove programs

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users