Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Add Laptop To Trusted Zone In Zone Alarm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fraser price

fraser price

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

:thumbsup: I have gone through all the steps to clean and protect my computer (Windows XP Dell) and thought I was really clever. Took me best part of a day. However, my partner can't now connect to the internet from his laptop, (also running Windows XP), and I am about to fall asleep trying to suss out how to find the IP address of the laptop to add to the trusted zone of Zone Alarms: which keeps flashing up messages that various addresses are trying to access my ports!! Help, before I lose all credibility. My computer is now trussed up like a turkey, and I am about to become single again. My computer is about to become disposable.

Computer dunce (PS - read the tutorials about TCP and UDP. I thought TCP was good for cuts and bruises? )

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 22 January 2007 - 05:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drymobius

drymobius

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:34 PM

I'm in the same situation, and have learned a few things. Go to Start > Run >cmd. In the black box, type ipconfig. This will give you the ip address of the computer you're on, as well as the gateway ip address of the wireless router. I also have zonealarm firewall, so I added the ip address to the trusted zone. You may also want to check your wireless router's info because depending on the security you've set, it may ask you for a code (WEP or WPA). Let's start here and see what happens. Sounds like this will be one for many inputs...
drymobius

#3 fraser price

fraser price
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:31 AM

Thanks for the input - I have not had a chance to try this out yet as I have been away (hospital, not prison), so will let you know how I get on. I feel a bit daunted by the wireless router bit but will take it step by step. Computers are great when you have an IT department to-hand, aren't they? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users