Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aver Tv

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ahhineedhelp

ahhineedhelp

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

For some reason the sound for my TV (Ultra tv PCI 300) on my computer is very weak.
I have to turn it up to max to get moderate sound where as my music and other sounds play at normal volume.

(Moderator edit: added topic description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 22 January 2007 - 10:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ahhineedhelp

ahhineedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:59 AM

anyone?

#3 woodharpy

woodharpy

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

Have you made sure that EVERY volume adjustment is cranked all the way up or to a high level? you mentioned something about a t.v. are you running the sound through it? Is the volume all the way up on the t.v. if so? and try right clicking on your speaker icon on your computer and then click on "Open volume control" and make sure everything is turned up there. Hope this helps

CAUTION: Cape Does Not Enable User To Fly

#4 enos

enos

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:22 AM

As the previous poster suggested I would make sure all of the volume selections are turned up in the OS. If you double click the speaker in the system tray it should bring up several volume sliders for mic, line in, etc. I would unmute all of them and make sure they are turned up. Do you know how the TV tuner you are using feeds the audio? On mine I have to connect it to the line in on my sound card.

#5 woodharpy

woodharpy

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:33 AM

yes make sure your "wave" is all the way up in the volume controls i think mine got turned down once and caused a similar problem for me.

CAUTION: Cape Does Not Enable User To Fly

#6 ahhineedhelp

ahhineedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:28 AM

when i open the tv, it says no sound card available

but i get sound when i crank it all the way to the top

0 user(s) are reading this topic