Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bf2 Or Bf2142?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kevin92

kevin92

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

Hey, I heard battlefield 2 was a really good game, but i hadn't heard much about 2142, anyone offer their opinions, which one do you think is better, as im not sure which one i want to buy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

I've played both of those (bf2142 only once) and in my opinion I still think battlefield 2 is better. Battlefield 2142 is more futuristic and has more game modes, but I like the modern style of Battlefield 2 better. Other's opinions are different and yours probably is too. I would recommend trying the free demo on nzone.com. That site even tests your computer if it is fast enough to play the game. Also with that in mind you might want to take into consideration battlefield 2142 is a little more computer demanding. Hope this helps!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

I haven't played Battlefield 2142, but I do enjoy Battlefield 2 a lot (though it does have it's bugs and such like any other game)

Apart from the futuristic feeling, I guess the one big difference between the two is that BF2142 is included with 'spyware'. I guess it comes with software that will scan your computer for in-game ads. EA says that it isn't spyware, but it fits the definition.

Apart from that, both games are probably quite fun especially with 64 player battles.

#4 kevin92

kevin92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

I'm playin the demo for 2142, and the maps are so huge, it's kind of boring cause it's not fast paced at all.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

How many people are playing in the servers that you go to?

I really hate it when servers have a cap of 16 or 32 players and they're running the 64 player version of the map.

I suggest making sure to join the most full servers possible and be cautious of the map sizes and the player caps of the server. Also, if BF2142's server browser isn't as screwed up as BF2's is, try filtering out map sizes and such to enhance the search. I've played in some BF2 servers where it has 64 players playing on a 16 player map.

#6 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

I have both BF2 and BF2142. Titan mode on 2142 is pretty good, and the way your can really customize your kit.
However, I am chopper whore, so BF2 wins out for me - the aerial combat in BF2142 is pretty poor, and you can't fly the chopper and use TV missiles on your own like you can in BF2.
Additionally, to get similar graphics quality, 2142 will suck your PC dry - I guess that's what you get for a more detailed environment.
However, I now have an 8800 GTX so am looking forward to getting back in there...
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

However, I am chopper whore, so BF2 wins out for me

Sooooooo.....that was you that kept killing me last week!!!!! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

Kidding!

BF2 is great, and there's an expansion pack for it that allows for more maps and more features, like night vision goggles (NVG's), gas grenades (CS grenades), smoke bombs, grappling hooks for climbing otherwise unreachable places, and zip lines to quickly move from one high point to a distant lower point.

My son has BF 2142 and says he loves it. He (like others have mentioned) has said that he loves how you can customize the kits. The large maps with loads of people are slow paced...but that's expected when there's 10 people on a 64 player map.

Not playing BF 2142, I'd say that BF2 (along with the expansion pack "Special Forces") is a great game, and can easily play it for long periods of time. Of course, my son says the same of BF 2142. Tough choice! :inlove:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#8 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:15 PM

When it comes to the BF series, I've got two words: "bor" and "ing."

:trumpet: :flowers: :thumbsup:
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#9 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

Whats your flavour?
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#10 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

I have both full versions of each game, Both I have played quite actively when I first bought both of which I have came back to time and again every now and then when I need the military addiction

they are quite similar in creation, just a little different in game play

BF2 is the realistic version, with APCs, Tanks, AA tanks, choppers, jets, etc, and it is well worth it thoroughly, I love it all, Except flying becuase I haven't quite figured out what I need to tweak in order to be a better airman

the guns in BF2 are really nice, and are easy to handle, and all that, servers are booming and gameplay is pretty intense

BF2142 as has been said offers more variety, and actually is a lot better in those terms

In bf2142 you can choose what to carry , and you can have spawn beacons if you're a squad leader, you can also choose how much armor you have on, What gun you want etc, It offers more variety and more degree of difficulty

it also puts more emphasis on what you choose as it may ultimately gimp you if you want something else but you didn't go up the right way to get it

titan mode in BF2142 is the clincher, as it offers quick access to anywhere on the map, it offers a safe spawnpoint aside from the ground area, And it allows for more covert operations, (for some reason people just don't see your escape pod land in teh middle of nowhere lol...)

it also offers more intense city maps which are a really nice addition to the game

if I had to choose Id go with 2142, I like the realism of 2, but 2142 has a lot more on teh table to offer, and its got better maps

Yes you can get on servers wiht 10 people on a 64 man map in 2142, you can also do the same on 2, And I have done it on both, yes, it does suck, that's why you gotta choose your servers smart and then you have nothing to worry about

its also nice to be able to go on some maps in 2142 and be able to keep an entire 32 man team at bay with only a 5 man squad, I had the pleasuer ein doing that on one of the maps and well it was intense,

Haven't done that in 2 yet, becuase people in 2 just dont' seem to listen as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users