Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win ctladalt.ese application error 0xc0000142

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gandcsundvik

gandcsundvik

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:07 PM

I have tried everything but I am unable to stop the error message "WinCtlAdAlt.exe Application error 0Xc0000142 from coming up. What is this and how do I fix it? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It jumps on the screen when we switch users on our computer-or have two users on. I am stumped. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JSKY

JSKY

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:00 PM

I googled and it seems to be an infection. Turn off System Restore,then reboot.
Run This online virus scan,then download and scan with the free trial of Trojan Hunter
Then turn System Restore back on.

Then Please go here, and read and follow these instructions. And post a log in the highjack this section after preforming whats asked.
Highjack log postings

Also, if it's listed. Uninstall Windows ControlAd through Add Remove Programs,then reboot.

Edited by JSKY, 02 January 2005 - 01:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users