Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ahhineedhelp

ahhineedhelp

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:48 AM

For some reason my computer has always had this problem where it(the screen) just goes BLUE and then proceeds to restart. And I just formatted my computer and its already begun which I cant figure out why. Before I formatted I had the same problems too, and I think my old computer might of done the same thing too. It doesn't happen all that often, but often enough to annoy me. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this, and what is the solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

The BSOD is caused by several different faults. I would say the first suspect is your graphics card. Have a look inside and unscrew it, work it in a little tighter and screw it back again. Next suspect of several would be slighly loose (I doubt defective,) Meory chips - do the same with those. You probably know the procedure to stop the computer restarting (Control Panel/Advanced options etc) but maybe this would not help, reading your comments. Let us know your computer configuration (graphics card, memory. etc.) - it may help.

#3 ahhineedhelp

ahhineedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:01 AM

whats that thing you type in run that shows the stats of the computer

i did that once but forgot what it was

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:58 AM

A good place to start is to figure out the error message. How to Find BSOD (Blue Screen) Error Messages
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

whats that thing you type in run that shows the stats of the computer

i did that once but forgot what it was

Do you mean, perhaps, in the start menu/System tools/System information. You can then click hardware to see what you have?? Or maybe msconfig?

#6 ahhineedhelp

ahhineedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

A good place to start is to figure out the error message. How to Find BSOD (Blue Screen) Error Messages

Oh, yes thats the one

Heres some of the stuff from the logs

Critical
The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, failed, or lost power during the sleep transition.

Event 41-Kernel Power

------------------
Error:
The description for Event ID 4 from source ehRecvr cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

AVerMedia, AVerTV TvTuner (878)
c0040605

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

------------------------

Error:
IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

Have you installed the drivers that came with your computer. Often this behavior will occur with a fresh installation of XP because the drivers aren't installed.

Although the computer seems to function normally, these errors are usually symptomatic of these (and other drivers) being missing.

The sleep transition error can be caused by not updating the video drivers, and the ehRecvr error could be caused by not having the drivers installed for the TV Card.

FYI - Windows installs generic drivers that enable the computer to function in a reduced mode - just enough to ensure that Windows can install.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users