Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Register Keyboard Or Mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper32k

Thumper32k

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

Trying to set up a new computer but as soon as the BIOs screen comes up it asks to press delete to enter set up but my keyboard isn't responding and the keyboard works on 2 other computers. The connections are all correct but still nothing. ANY input at all would greatly be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

Hi Thumper32k, and welcome to BC.

Is this a custom build or manufactured machine? If it is one that you built try clearing the CMOS.

It usually helps if you provide your spec.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:57 AM

Also, some new computers are beginning to change the default key for entering the BIos. I guess you have the manual an have already figured that out? Mine for example, purchase in the last couple of months, needs the F2 key.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:20 AM

Also, some new computers are beginning to change the default key for entering the BIos. I guess you have the manual an have already figured that out? Mine for example, purchase in the last couple of months, needs the F2 key.

It has always varied from manufacturer to manufacturer of the BIOS.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:37 AM

Are the keyboard and mouse PS2 or USB. USB has been known to be slow to be recognized - and this may prevent you from entering the BIOS with it. Also, if they are USB, ensure that USB legacy support is turned on in the BIOS.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:42 AM

I read from his posting that he cannot get into the bios to change anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users