Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Need Help

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:36 PM

how can i gety back my removable disk e f g h i j, etc.
i need it for an SD card...
it use to work.. my sd card use to work when i put it in before when i had those drives..

but now i dont have them anymore.
and when i put sd card in it doesnt do anything.

plese help! tghanks

Edited by ss2miraitrunks, 21 January 2007 - 10:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drymobius

drymobius

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

Check that Smart Card Service under Services and Applications is turned on. Right clk My Computer > Manage > Services and Applications > Services. Scroll down to Smart Card and check your Startup Type. If it is disabled, right clk Smart Card > Properties, then drop down list of Startup Type to Automatic. You will also have the option to start the service. Restart your computer, and see if it can read your cards now. Hope this works for you.
drymobius

#3 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:56 PM

err. i didnt work.
i dont even have the remoable hardware icon on the task bar how i use to have it.
anyone else got any ideas? thanks

when i put my sd card in now, it doesnt flash the green light to show that it is working.

but before when i had the removable drives, ( it used G) it flashed green

Edited by ss2miraitrunks, 21 January 2007 - 11:57 PM.

#4 drymobius

drymobius

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

OK, how about this... Right clk My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Find your device and right clk on its Properties. See if the device is working properly. If not, click Troubleshoot and follow the directions.
drymobius

#5 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

it doesnt show the devices e f g h i j

#6 drymobius

drymobius

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:33 AM

When i installed a second internal hard drive, it worked for a while, then "disappeared" as an icon. The drive did not work and I couldn't find it. Upon opening the computer case, I noticed the cable was loose. When I plugged it back in, it worked. Have you checked that the cables are connected? Good luck!
drymobius

#7 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

i need it for and sd card that goes intoa slot

#8 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:03 AM

The removable drives will not be listed until the computer recognizes the card reader. remove the device, reinsert, go to the device manager, right click and scan for new devices.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#9 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

that didnt work.

when i put my SD card into the slot it is suppose to go into.. the green light doesnt even flash anymore.

the green light symbolized it is being read

i KNOW for sure.. nothing happened to the computer to break the sd card slot..

#10 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

anyone else?

#11 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

The SD card or reader may have gone bad. Do you have another to test with?

Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 22 January 2007 - 10:49 AM.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#12 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

This is a problem I've run into. If you used the "safely remove hardware" before pulling the smart card, it's possible that the hardware it removed is the entire card reader. What you have to do is open the case, find the wires from the card reader, unplug it, and then replug it and Windows will recognize it again. This problem is not something I've seen documented somewhere, oddly enough. The "safely remove hardware" thing works great with individual USB ports and so on, but can't differentiate individual cards in the reader.

Probably the best way to do this is to pull the plug from the device (and it would be nice if it was a single plug because if it's individual plugs you have to get them back exactly right!), start the machine back up, shut down again, plug it back in, restart again. Unplug the power cord from the back of the machine while reaching into the case.

Edited by Herk, 22 January 2007 - 07:37 PM.

#13 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

Wait what do you mean Herk?
Do you want me to turn shut down my computer, and pull out the power plug.. and start it back again?

#14 ss2miraitrunks

ss2miraitrunks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

what plug are you talking about?

#15 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:09 AM

I believe that he's talking about the plug in the motherboard where the card reader plugs into.

-Shutdown the computer, unplug it from the wall, and hold the metal of the case.
-While holding the metal of the case, remove the plug from the card reader at the motherboard.
-Reboot the computer to get rid of the traces of the device.
-Shutdown the computer, unplug it from the wall, and hold the metal of the case.
-While holding the metal of the case, reinsert the plug from the card reader at the motherboard.
-Reboot the computer - it should re-detect the card reader and install it on it's own.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users